1. The Aerial View of the city is why I guess Portharcourt is named the garden city. You get the feeling you’re starring down at the Amazon. The scenery is breathtaking.
2. Quite a number of areas have names starting with the pseudonym ‘Rumu’; like Rumuogba, Rumuola and Rumuobasi just to mention a few. So if you plan being in Portharcourt for the first time, it is advisable to make a mental list of all “rumus” to avoid mixing up your locations.
3. The Babes (both runz girls and decent girls) are in another class of their own in Nigeria and are expensive to deal with in any kind of way. The wise guys do not play with them.
4. The Carnival was ‘too fun’, the VIP treatment was better than any I have ever experienced at any Lagos event. It is adviseable to visit the city during the carnival. You will have a fill of real fun.
5. My host was the bomb… like almost-literally..! He was easily the liveliest of my crew back in school and he made Accra fun for me and the crew. Ensure you have a Fun-inclined Host.
6. The city, Tourist beach and clubs I visited were A-class, Chinese restaurants and event expatriates made it more lively.