JAMB, an acronym which stands for JOINT ADMISSION AND MATRICULATION BOARD is a Nigerian entrance examination board for tertiary-level institutions. For applicants to undergraduate programs at Nigerian universities, the board administers the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination. JAMB CAPS (Central Admissions Processing System) is an online platform created by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board to automate the admission process into tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
Once a candidate has been offered admission into a particular institution, the next step is to accept or reject the admission offer on the JAMB CAPS platform. No payment is required in order to gain access to this portal
Accepting admission on JAMB CAPS involves a series of steps, including creating a JAMB profile, checking admission status, and accepting the admission offer. This process is crucial for candidates who have been offered admission into a tertiary institution in Nigeria.
HOW TO CHECK ADMISSION STATUS ON JAMB CAPS
To check your admission status on JAMB CAPS (Central Admission Processing System), follow these steps:
- Follow www.jamb.gov.ng/efacility to login to the JAMB CAPS portal.
- Log in with your email address and password and click the Create an account button to create one If you don’t have an account.
- Immediately you’ve logged in, under the “Admissions” tab, click on “Check Admission Status”.
- Click on your examination year and enter your JAMB registration number in the correct field.
- To access your profile, click on “Access My CAPS”
- Select “Admission Status” on your dashboard to view your admission status. It would be clear if you have been offered admission, then you can decide to either accept or reject the offer.
Note: You will see a notification that reads “Not Admitted” or “Admission in Progress” if you have not yet been admitted. You should continue to check the portal; your admission status can later change.
HOW TO ACCEPT ADMISSION ON JAMB CAPS
You can accept admission on JAMB CAPS through the following steps:
- Login to JAMB caps portal
- Fill in your JAMB email address and password.
- Select “Check Admission Status”
- Under the “Admission Status” tab, select “Access my CAPS”
- To view your admission status, click on “Admission Status”
- If you’ve been offered admission, select “Accept Admission”
- A notification will pop up asking you to confirm your acceptance, that is immediately after selecting “Accept Admission”
- Once you are certain that you want to accept the admission, click on “Accept”
NOTE: As soon as you accept the admission, you won’t be able to reject it any longer.
WHAT TO DO AFTER ACCEPTING ADMISSION ON JAMB CAPS
Printing your admission letter and other required documentation should now be done. after accepting your admission via JAMB CAPS
HOW TO REJECT ADMISSION ON JAMB CAPS
The following steps below can be taken to reject admission on JAMB CAPS
- Log in to the JAMB CAPS portal at jamb.gov.ng/efacility.
- Click on “Admission Status”
- Select “Access My CAPS”
- To view the list of schools you have been offered admission to, click on “Admission Status”
- Select “Decline” if you want to reject the admission.
- A notification for confirmation will pop up. Click on “Yes” to confirm that you want to reject the admission.
Take note that once you reject the admission, the school will not consider you for admission again. Also, after you reject the admission, you won’t be able to accept it any longer.
HOW TO ACCEPT ADMISSION WITHOUT PASSWORD AND EMAIL
If you cannot remember your JAMB Password, and you quickly want to check your admission status just follow these steps which only requires you to have your registration number, and your phone number to check your admission status without email address and password.
- Open Google play store on your Device.
- Use the Search icon to look for JAMB Mobile App.
- Click and download. The size is just 7MB
- After downloading, launch the App, tap on “Check Admission Status”
- Input your JAMB Registration Number, and phone number.
- Click the year you sat for UTME (2022)
- Finally click on check admission status
HOW TO ACCEPT ADMISSION ON JAMB CAPS USING REGISTRATION NUMBER
To accept admission on JAMB CAPS using your registration number, please follow the steps below:
- Go to the JAMB E-facility portal at https://efacility.jamb.gov.ng/.
- Supply your Email Address and Password in the required columns, and then log in.
- Then locate and click on ‘Check Admission Status.
- Select your examination year, supply your JAMB registration number in the required column, and click on the ‘Access my CAPS’ button.
- Select ‘Admission Status on the left panel.
- Locate and click on the ‘Search’ button in front of your JAMB Registration Number to load your profile.
- If you have been offered admission, you will see a “ACCEPT” or “DECLINE” button beside your admission status. Click on the “ACCEPT” button to accept the admission offer.
- After clicking on the “ACCEPT” button, a pop-up message will appear asking you to confirm your decision. Click on “OK” to confirm.
- You have now accepted your admission offer on JAMB CAPS. You should print your admission letter and proceed to the institution to complete the registration process.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO ACCEPT ADMISSION ON JAMB CAPS
Depending on a number of reasons, the JAMB CAPS admissions process might take anywhere from a few minutes to many days. In some circumstances, the admission status may be updated on the site right away, while in others it may take some time. Some institutions may also be needing more time to accept or reject admission offers.
HOW MANY DAYS DOES IT TAKE TO ACCEPT ADMISSION ON JAMB CAPS?
Typically, after a candidate is offered admission on JAMB CAPS, they have a deadline within which to accept or reject the admission offer. JAMB usually gives notification to candidates who are yet to print their JAMB admission letters that the offers would be withdrawn if they do not accept them and print the JAMB admission letters within 2 Weeks
IS IT COMPULSORY TO ACCEPT ADMISSION ON JAMB CAPS?
Yes, it is compulsory for candidates to accept admission on JAMB CAPS if they wish to secure their admission into a tertiary institution in Nigeria. This is to confirm that they have been offered a place in the institution. If a candidate fails to accept the admission offer before the deadline given by the institution, the offer may be forfeited, and the candidate may lose the admission opportunity.
CAN I ACCEPT ADMISSION ON SCHOOL PORTAL?
Yes, it is possible to accept admission on a school portal. However, the acceptance of admission on the school portal must be preceded by the acceptance of admission on JAMB CAPS. Here are the steps to follow to accept admission offer by your university, polytechnic, or college of education.
- Log in to your post UTME, screening, or admission portal. Your JAMB registration number only or together with a chosen password may be used during the online registration, in order to log in.
- After this, you should be on your student’s or applicant’s dashboard. Locate there, any notice of admission offer. If seen, click on any link to accept the admission in order to accept the offer.
- Most schools will require you to make the payment of the acceptance fee before your acceptance of admission can be valid.
- Make the payment and print the acceptance receipt, acceptance form, and admission.
HOW LONG DOES ADMISSION LAST ON JAMB CAPS?
The admission process on JAMB CAPS lasts for the entire admission cycle, which usually begins after the release of the UTME results and ends when the admission exercise of the respective institutions is concluded.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE ADMISSION IN PROGRESS TO CHANGE TO ADMITTED ON JAMB CAPS?
Typically, it takes two to three days or even longer to change for admission in progress to change to Admitted, depending on a number of factors such as the number of students being processed for admission as well as processing time of the institution.
WHY IS MY CAPS SHOWING NOT ADMITTED?
Even after your school has published all of its lists, your admission status may still read “not admitted” on CAPS. If this is the case, it signifies that your preferred university has not extended an offer of provisional admission. Before you cave in to this, make sure your institution has made an announcement about the end of admission for the current year.