When it comes to applying for universities, aspirants usually have a list of universities that they prefer. However, not every candidate is able to secure admission into this preferred institution. When this occurs, candidates usually can consider applying for universities that accept second choice.
The concept of second choice universities is all about institutions that may not be the most preferred for a student but they are still a good choice both for their educational and personal goals. Universities that accept second choice usually have flexible admission policies that are able to accommodate candidates with slightly lower grades to still gain acceptance.
It is important to know that universities that accept second choice are also capable of delivering excellent educational standards that can facilitate a successful career. Interestingly, many individuals who have proven to be successful in their careers today did not even attend universities that were their top options.
In this article we will be sharing a list of some of the top universities that accept second choice
LIST OF FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES THAT ACCEPT SECOND CHOICE
For students who might not have been admitted to their first choice institutions, the subject of the list of federal universities that accept second choice is crucial. Students can learn about federal colleges that provide chances for admission as second choice candidates and the procedure for obtaining admission through this route by researching this subject. Below is the list of Federal Universities that accept second choice
- Federal University Dutse, Jigawa State
- Federal University Dutsema, Kastina State
- Federal University Gashua, Yobe State
- Federal University Gusau, Zamfara State
- Federal University Kashere, Gombe State
- Federal University Lafia, Nasarawa State
- Federal University Ndifu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Federal University Otuoke, Bayelsa State
- Federal University Wukari, Taraba State
- Federal University, Birnin Kebbi
- Federal University, Lokoja
- Federal University, Oye Ekiti
- University of Maiduguri, Borno State
LIST OF STATE UNIVERSITIES THAT ACCEPT SECOND CHOICE
Here’s is a list of state universities that accept second choice
- Abia State University, Uturu, Abia
- Adamawa State University, Mubi, Adamawa
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot-Akpaden, Akwa Ibom
- Anambra State University, Uli, Anambra
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Bauchi
- Cross Rivers University of Technology, Calabar, Cross Rivers
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Bukar Abba Ibrahim University, Damaturu
- Delta State University Abraka
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Ekiti State University
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu
- Gombe State Univeristy, Gombe Professor Abdullahi Mahadi
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
Note: all state Universities definitely accepts Second Choice in JAMB.
ALSO SEE: Affordable Restaurants In Ikeja
LIST OF PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES THAT ACCEPT SECOND CHOICE
Not all private institutions will be happy to accept you if you are chosen as an alternate or second choice and grin at you while doing so. Despite this, the majority of private institutions don’t discriminate since they provide all applicants the same chance to succeed, regardless of their preferences. Below is a list of some of the private universities that accept second choice.
- American University of Nigeria, Yola, Adamawa
- Edwin Clark University, Kiagbodo, Delta State, Delta
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State, Abia
- Modibo Adama University of Technology, Yola, Adamawa
- Novena University, Ogume, Delta State
- Obong University, Obong, Ntak Akwa-Ibom
- Paul University, Awka Anambra
- Ritman University, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State
- Tansian University, Oba, anambra State, Anambra
- University of Mkar, Gboko, Benue State
- Western Delta University, Ogbara, Delta State, Delta
NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES THAT DO NOT ACCEPT SECOND CHOICE IN JAMB
The federal government universities listed below will not consider candidates for admission when chosen as a second option. The universities listed here have made their intentions apparent.
You must not purchase their post UTME forms if you did not choose them as your preferred institution when registering your Jamb form. Here are some of the Top Federal Nigerian Universities that don’t accept Second Choice in JAMB:
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- University of Ibadan, Ibadan
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University
- University of Calabar
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
- University of Jos, Jos
- University of Lagos, lagos.
DOES FUOYE ACCEPT SECOND CHOICE?
Second-choice candidates are accepted by FUOYE. Candidates who chose FUOYE as their second-choice institution may still be admitted to the Federal University of Oye Ekiti. The applicant who applied to FUOYE as the second choice would be given the opportunity to enroll in the relevant program at the Federal University Oye Ekiti State if he or she meets the departmental cutoff level.
DOES EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY ACCEPT SECOND CHOICE?
Yes, Ekiti State University (EKSU) does accept second choice candidates for admission. However, it is important to note that meeting the university’s admission requirements and having a competitive score in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) are crucial factors for being admitted, regardless of whether EKSU is chosen as first or second choice.
DOES UNILAG ACCEPT SECOND CHOICE?
The University of Lagos, UNILAG does not accept second choice candidates for admission. This implies that you will not be considered for admission to UNILAG if you pick it as a second University when registering for JAMB UTME. The institution only considers candidates who choose them as a first choice during their Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). This is stated on the institution’s admission website and is a long-standing policy of the university. Therefore, if you want to increase your chances of being admitted to UNILAG, it is advisable to select the institution as your first choice during your UTME registration.
DOES UNIBEN ACCEPT SECOND CHOICE?
Candidates ranked second or third are not admitted to UNIBEN. Applicants that select UNIBEN as their second choice are not admitted to the University of Benin. Admission to the school is limited to students who selected it as their first choice during JAMB registration.
DOES FUTA ACCEPT SECOND CHOICE?
Admission is usually not given to candidates who choose The Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) as their second-choice institution in JAMB form. This implies that you will not be considered for admission to FUTA if you pick it as a second University when registering for JAMB UTME. This has been a long-standing policy and is stated in the institutions admission website
In general, it is important to note that most top universities in Nigeria do not consider second choice candidates for admission. It is therefore advisable to choose your preferred institution as your first choice during your UTME registration to increase your chances of gaining admission. However, it is also important to meet the admission requirements of the institution such as scoring high in the UTME, meeting the required cutoff mark, and obtaining the required O’level grades.